13 Tips to Ensure Spa Training Success
Retail training costs money but there is probably no better investment for a spa to make. Still, convincing senior management and the financial department to fork over the amount needed to bring your staff up to speed can be tough. So one would assume that once the funds are secured proper preparation would be done to ensure a positive outcome.
But amazingly, that doesn’t always happen. It’s almost as though the training itself is anti-climatic.
Some organizations, find that shifting schedules around to accommodate classroom time too much to handle. They manage to do it for employee vacations but for training, things fall apart. It’s as though they purposely set themselves up to fail. Poor planning can create chaos and the outcome can be disastrous. To help you avoid the mistakes that other organizations have made, here’s a to-do list that will help you plan more effectively and achieve a great outcome.
- Do be clear on your options regarding number of attendees per class.
- Do schedule more than one session per day to accommodate your spa treatment schedule.
- Do show up for scheduled training yourself.
- Do ensure that the room is sized to accommodate the number of attendees comfortably.
- Do ensure that the room is properly prepared the night before training and available for inspection.
- Do stress the importance of punctuality to staff so sessions begin on time.
- Do ensure that your entire staff is present for all scheduled training sessions.
- Do schedule vacation time before or after training.
- Do ask for a post-training follow-up plan.
- Do ensure that you are available for daily consultant discussions and feedback.
- Do ensure that all product related material is available.
- Do ensure that all best selling retail products are in stock to accommodate a post-training uptick.
- Do be prepared to interact more with your team after training to achieve your desired results.